Friday, September 26, 2008

fairytales


Cinderella's on her bedroom floor
She's got a crush on the guy at the liquor store
Cause Mr. Charming don't come home anymore
And she forgets why she came here

Sleeping Beauty's in a foul mood
For shame she says
None for you dear prince, I'm tired today

I'd rather sleep my whole life away than have you keep me from dreaming

[Chorus:]
'cause I don't care for your fairytales
You're so worried about the maiden though you kno
w
She's only waiting on the next best thing



Snow White is doing dishes again cause
What else can you do
With seven itty-bitty men?

Sends them to bed and calls up a friend
Says will you meet me at midnight?
The tall blonde lets out a cry of despair says
Would have cut it myself if I knew men could climb hair
I'll have to find another tower somewhere and keep away from the windows


[Chorus]

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom
Man made up a story said that I should believe him

Go and tell your white knight that he's handsome in hindsight
But I don't want the next best thing
So I sing and hold my head down and I break these walls round me
Can't take no more of your fairytale love

[Chorus]

I don't care
I don't care
Worry bout the maiden though you know

She's only waiting spent the whole life being graded on the sanctity of patience and a dumb
Appreciation
But the story needs some mending and a better happy ending

Cause I don't want the next best thing
No no I don't want the next best thing
...................................................................................................................................
i like this song by sara bareilles.
mostly cuz it's a nice song but also cuz i'm a fan of modified fairytales or alternate life stories of comic book characters, esp the superheroes.


No comments: